Mission: Albanian Small Hidropower Association (ASHA )works to
represent the interests of the Albanian small hydropower industry
and its associated stakeholders in the wider community,
both in the Albanian and overseas.
The objectives of the organization are:
- To provide coherent information to all its members on policies, laws and regulations, new technology, and other information relating to the process of development of small hydropower sector.
- To encourage and promote cooperation and networking of stakeholders in small hydropower sector.
- To stimulate the creation of a positive synergy of renewable energy.
- To organize lobbying activities and events for the interests of small hydropower stakeholders.
- Promoting hydropower - increasing awareness of its quality and scope both at home and overseas
Membership is open to any companies, organization or individual with an interest in hydropower.
- design and consulting engineers in all disciplines,
- equipment and component manufacturers and suppliers,
- project managers,
- financiers and investors,
- environmental specialists, etc
We work closely with several other groups and organizations,
e.g. governmental institution, Local government Unit, and we have close
links with other professional and academic institutions.